We believe in deploying the law for positive change. So we:
- litigated and settled a case against the State of California regarding unconstitutional prison conditions;
- fought to protect and advance freedom of speech and assembly in South Korea, submitting papers in person in the Constitutional Court in Seoul;
- advocated for veterans who were subject to sexual abuse in the military;
- freed someone from decades of imprisonment in Southern California; and
- are challenging the legality of the Iraq War alongside a former US Attorney General in federal court.
We consider new pro bono engagements on a case-by-case basis. Contact the firm if you believe you have such an issue.
"The Future of Human Rights Litigation In The Wake of Kiobel," September 21, 2013, Washington University School of Law
"Funding the Fight: Ethical Alternative Litigation Funding," January 31, 2014, University of San Francisco School of Law
"The Road Ahead," April 18, 2015, International Peace and Justice Forum, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia